Friday 3 May 2013

How did it ever come to this.

 
How did it ever come to this?
The emptyness in my stomoch, makes me scared and sick.
Where once in my heart, was a feild where roses would bloom.
Now a carpet lies soft orange embers, rough, jagged and ruin.
In between cracks, I find no comfort in old messages and broken promises.
Between waves of medication I experience moments of pure clarity,
Perfect vision and understanding of my current conditon.
As Each wave ends and a new begins,
I am certain I know how to save you.
Thi is the place where I am brave without having to think.
Alas, like the missing minute at midnight,
All my progress is quickly stolen from me between dreams
Dreams that dont come easily, Fighting my grasp as I try to contain my insomnia
Fate does not seem to matter anymore, neither does coincedence.
We are all just a cluster of atoms, trying desperatly to understand itself.
The line between what we see and what we feel is blurred,
Yet it seems warm and inviting.
Like a loved one taking you in from the cold.
Im reality I'm sad that I've lost a freind.
Sadder I opened myself up to get hurt again.
How did it ever come to this?
The emptyness in my stomoch, still makes me scared and sick.
When once in my heart, was a feild where roses would bloom.
Now a carpet lies soft, orange embers,
Around a gate thats now forever closed to you.
 
 
 
Edward Ramsden
2/05/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment